03 September, 2012

A new day

Today is a new day. For the last 3 weeks my diet has gone to shit. Eight days at the beach and laziness at the firehouse has taken its toll. I fell like a truck hit me. I have a constent headache. I dont sleep well, just in a sour mood. I can say without a doubt it is because I have strayed from my plant based diet. Thankfully Team Firefighter is having a 90 weightloss challenge and I am taking part. The disipline and plants start again today. With Happy Herbivore, Eng 2, and FOK in hand I will get back on track and feeling like a person again.

As part of the challenge I posted a shirtless picture and my measurements on our team page. This single act is possibly the most embarrassing thing I have every done. I will use it as my motivation and hopes that positive results will inspire others to take that first step to improve their health and change of lifestyle. Farica is right by my side and will be plant based with me for all our meals at home so I dont have to cook different meals for each of us and to make this easier for me. Together we will continue to improve our health and be an example to Braeden so he will never have these struggles.

As you can see I have have added ore events to my calander and have made Disney My A race. I am setting a time goal for this of 5:00- 5:15 for the race. My running has continued and am super psyched for fall running.

I am starting rehab this week for my neck and shoulder and that only means I can get back in the pool and bike and get back on track so I can finally enter the world of triatlons. My first was sposed to be this weekend and sad that I wont be able to do it. That is ok because I will continue to fight another day. I wish all my TNT family a great race at Nations. You have trained well and I have no doubt you will finish the race.





March 17th- DC Rock and Roll Half Marathon (2:45)
April 8th- Charlottesville 8K Road Race (55:36)
April 27th/28th- American Odyssey Relay- Gettysburg to DC (32:04)
Sept 9th - Heroes Run Annapolis, Md
November 18th - Philadelphia Marathon
December 8th- Seashore Marathon, Rehobeth Beach. De.
January 13th- Disney World Marathon #3
Febuary 2nd - Fight for Air Stair climb. Boston, Ma
March 16th/17th Shamrock Marathon Whale Challange. 8k and 26.2
April 26th/27th - AOR #2 Gettysburg to DC
May 19th - Columbia (Md) Tri
Aug (tbd) - 24 Hours of Booty Columbia Md
June 23rd - Rev3 70.3 Williamsburg, Va
Oct 2013 Beach to Battleship 70.3
Jan 2014 Bone Island Full Distance Tri 140.6
(and What ever else I can add on)

1 comment:

  1. You GO BUDDY!! I KNOW you can do it. I expect to see you waiting at the finish line when I stuggle across!! :) You are still inspiring!

    ReplyDelete