21 August, 2012

one step back, 140 miles further.


Lets see if I still remember how to write. It has been a while and alot has happened. If you follow my calander you can see some key events are gone and alot more events have been added.

I finally have an answer to my shoulder injury and I was very surprised to figure out what it was in some ways and others not to much. So it turns out I have 2 injuries, 1 is the neck and 1 is the shoulder. My shoulder injury is called Impingement syndrome, there are 3 levels of this and luckily I am in the middle and do not need surgery just 4-6 weeks of rehab. The second injury whuch was a surprise is a compression of c5 - c7 causing a pinched nerve which is the reason my arm is always numb and the extreme shoulder blade pain. This also requires some meds for a week and rehab which will be done together with the shoulder. So with great news comes the bad news and since I have not swam in a month and cant swim for another month I have scratched Nations. I am still fundraising for it so please consider a donation. Even though my Tri is done the fight for a cure continues

http://pages.teamintraining.org/md/nattri12/ddushkin

I also am going to scratch Marine Corps Marathon. I was scheduled to run 4 marathon in 4 months  with just 2 weeks between the 1st/2nd and 3 weeks between the 2nd/3rd. So that is done. My goal is to continue racing and not injur or wipe myself out before it even starts.So MCM is gone, Philly is a half and Disney becomes my A race with a goal time of 5 hours and Rehobeth is a tune up to see where I am at 5 weeks from Disney.

There are tons of new events and as you can see my focus for next year is Triathlons. I am super excited to get back in the pool, getting on the bike for some real distance and finally make the transition to triathlete from runner.

So enough typing for now, Time to hit the pavement.



Calander

March 17th- DC Rock and Roll Half Marathon (2:45)
April 8th- Charlottesville 8K Road Race (55:36)
April 27th/28th- American Odyssey Relay- Gettysburg to DC (32:04)
Sept 9th - Heroes Run Annapolis, Md
November 18th - Philadelphia Marathon
December 8th- Seashore Marathon, Rehobeth Beach. De.
January 13th- Disney World Marathon #3
Febuary 2nd - Fight for Air Stair climb. Boston, Ma
March 16th/17th Shamrock Marathon Whale Challange. 8k and 26.2
April 26th/27th - AOR #2 Gettysburg to DC
May 19th - Columbia (Md) Tri
June 23rd - Rev3 70.3 Williamsburg, Va
Oct 2013 Beach to Battleship 70.3
Jan 2014 Bone Island Full Distance Tri 140.6
(and What ever else I can add on)

No comments:

Post a Comment