05 September, 2012

Post #1 Team Firefighter 90 day challenge

http://teamfirefighter.blogspot.com/2012/09/team-firefighter-90-day-challenge-kick.html

Here we go again! I am back on another weight loss challenge. I am tired of this life long struggle and hoping in combination with my running, plant based diet, and the tremendous support of TF I will finally beat this.

If you dont know I am a member of Team Firefighter. The ling to our team block is attached. TF is a group of male and female firefighters across the country who strive to promote health and fitness in the fire service through Sports. ie running and tri's. We all know what the new fire service is and part of that is the leading cause of death is cardiovasicular. I will argue that some of this is due to cyanide but this is not the forum for that but the truth is we are out of shape. Of course "we" is a very general term but we have all seen the guys the make me look thin doing the job.

I learned how tough it is last night on a CO call that reguried me to gear and pack up for an extended amount of time. It was Hot, and it was humid and I was beat. No hard work, no fire nothing taxing. Just venting and monitoring. I have run 4 marathons, run 4-6 days a week and was beat. With my gear and pack on I weigh over 300 pounds. That my friends is no good.

So our challenge stated on Sept 1st. I tipped the scale at 255. I weighed 283 when I went plant based, lost 40 pounds with that and lost focus. So 4 days in I am 100% plant strong with a new vigor and comittment to a plant based diet. I feel great, already my mood has changed and I am sleeping better. I am hitting my race season and as you can see it is a long one.

I posted a shirtless picture on the team blog and it is the most embarrassing thing I have ever done and even worse it is now public. I am focused. I am determined and with the great brother and sisters of Team Firefighter I will stand on the mountian top and lead by example to improving our health and fitness so we can enjoy life after our career and much as we do live the dream everyday.

Calander

March 17th- DC Rock and Roll Half Marathon (2:45)
April 8th- Charlottesville 8K Road Race (55:36)
April 27th/28th- American Odyssey Relay- Gettysburg to DC (32:04)
Sept 9th - Heroes Run Annapolis, Md
November 18th - Philadelphia Marathon
December 8th- Seashore Marathon, Rehobeth Beach. De.
January 13th- Disney World Marathon #3
Febuary 2nd - Fight for Air Stair climb. Boston, Ma
March 16th/17th Shamrock Marathon Whale Challange. 8k and 26.2
April 26th/27th - AOR #2 Gettysburg to DC
May 19th - Columbia (Md) Tri
Aug (tbd) - 24 Hours of Booty Columbia Md
June 23rd - Rev3 70.3 Williamsburg, Va
Oct 2013 Beach to Battleship 70.3
Jan 2014 Bone Island Full Distance Tri 140.6

No comments:

Post a Comment