26 September, 2012

Been a while

Wow! It sure has been a  while since Ive updated this blog. I am back on track and thought I would just update on whats been going on.

The Team Firefighter 90 day challenge is in full swing now. We are just over 3 weeks in and at my third weigh in I was 9 pounds down. I am still maintaining a plant based diet although I do fall off the wagon at times. I find it hardest, as I always have at the firehouse. My crew is supper supportive but there is just to many temptations.

I recently ran the 9-11 heroes run 5k in Annapolis. Except for a very poor speech by one person, it was a great day. Farica and Braeden weent to the race and it was the first time for each of them at a race of mine. The on duty crew from my station was there as well. It was a very moving day and I was very honored to be a part of it. It was a little warm and the course will hilly but to my surprise I had my best time to date with a 10:26 average for a 5k time of 32:26. It was so special to cross the finish line with Braeden and Farica waiting.

I have been running for a couple years now and have always avoided hills and the especially the Naval Academy Bridge. I dont know why but for some reason the always seemed impossible to me. Yesterday after work I decided to take it on. I set up a 5 mile run and crossed the bridge twice! It was not hard at all and I just laughed at myself for avoiding it for so long. I am adding alot more hill work into my training and I will answer why at another time.

Training is in full swing as my fall race season is just a few weeks away. I added a another half and ready to get it on. I read so many race reports I just want to finally right my own.


Calander

2012
March 17th- DC Rock and Roll Half Marathon (2:45)
April 8th- Charlottesville 8K Road Race (55:36)
April 27th/28th- American Odyssey Relay- Gettysburg to DC (32:04)
Sept 9th - Heroes Run Annapolis, Md (32:26)
Oct 21st - Blue-Grey Half Marathon, Gettysburg Maryland
November 18th - Philadelphia Marathon
December 8th- Seashore Marathon, Rehobeth Beach. De.

2013
January 13th- Disney World Marathon #3
Febuary 2nd - Fight for Air Stair climb. Boston, Ma
March 16th/17th Shamrock Marathon Whale Challange. 8k and 26.2
April 26th/27th - AOR #2 Gettysburg to DC
May 19th - Columbia (Md) Tri
Aug 23-24th - 24 Hours of Booty, Columbia Md
June 23rd - Rev3 70.3 Williamsburg, Va
Sept  Its a surpise!

No comments:

Post a Comment